Our smiles are important to us and they are one of the first things people notice about us. Staining of the teeth can be caused by a range of different things including:
- Sugary foods such as sweets, cakes and chocolate stain your teeth and lead to tooth decay.
- Dizzy drinks and sugar-fuelled
- Tea and Coffee.
- Richly pigmented berries such as blueberries, blackberries, and pomegranates.
- Red and white wine.
These things increase the staining’s on our teeth, and some of these things we all indulge in from time to time, making our teeth susceptible to staining.
So, what are the 5 ways we can whiten our teeth and remove some of the stainings?
- Limit the consumption of things from the list above
If we limit the consumption of things that stain our teeth can help prevent stains before they happen and brush frequently to help remove older stains; whitening our teeth.
- Get your teeth whitened professionally
Dentists use a range of techniques to whiten your teeth, but it is generally the best way to go. Teeth whitening with a professional will give you immediate and proven results, whereas a lot of the other options are home treatments with no certainty of it working 100%.
- Brush and Floss
Dentists recommend we brush every morning and evening. Brushing with toothpaste gently scrubs off stains, flossing also helps by removing plaque that leads to stains.
- Oil Pulling
Oil pulling is the act of using coconut oil and swelling it around in your mouth. This helps by removing bacteria from your mouth.
It is also said that oil swelling helps reduce gingivitis by reducing Streptococcus Mutans (The types of bacteria that cause plaque and gingivitis).
- Increase your consumption of these foods.
These foods help clean out your mouth and are also said to gently whiten your teeth:
- Other crunchy, raw fruits and vegetables.